Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chocolate Preztels

I hosted a book club/wine tasting night at my apartment on Tuesday. My second time hosting a get together at my new place and it was definitely a success. Lots of wine, lots of great people, and a good discussion about the book. Everyone brought a bottle of wine and I made wine scorecards so we could keep track of the ones we really liked.  I wish I had remembered to take pictures of everything else I made, but I was in a bit of a rush to get it all together before the guests arrived. I made sweet and sour meatballs, spinach and artichoke dip (big hit), an onion and garlic dip, and southwest egg rolls,which fell apart and I decided to not even serve. They tasted great, but I'll have to work on that recipe for next time. I did take pictures of the chocolate pretzels I made. They're really simple to make, super cute, and yummy. I've seen other variations of these using Hershey's Hugs or mini Resee's cups. You can also use the special holiday M&M's to for a more festive snack during Christmas or Easter, etc.


Ingredients

  • 48 pretzel rings or mini twists
  • 1 (8 ounce) package milk chocolate kisses
  • 1/4 cup M&M's

Directions

  1. Place the pretzels on greased baking sheets; place a chocolate kiss in the center of each ring. Bake at 275 degrees F for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Remove from the oven. Place an M&M on each, pressing down slightly so chocolate fills the ring. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store at room temperature. 
  Source: Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment